From Sea to Shining Sea. The Recipes from America's Test Kitchen. Download your copy here!> download now (1MB)
Tips and advice about our products, interesting facts that will help improve your lifestyle.> more details
Check out the latest promotions, offers and savings on DCS appliances.> more details
Flip though the latest brochures on-line or download them.> more details
Join us regularly for enticing recipes and savor the taste and adventure of your next meal.> more details
Be a guest at the DCS dinner table and receive our newsletter for fantastic recipes, cooking tips, and exclusive incentives.> more details
Green Chile Cheeseburgers
NOTE: In step 2, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of water to the food processor to help the chile mixture puree. Pressing a shallow divot in the center of each burger patty keeps the burgers flat during grilling.
- 3 Anaheim chiles, stemmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 3 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 85 percent lean ground beef
- 4 slices deli American cheese
- CHAR VEGETABLES Grill chiles and onion, covered, over hot fire until vegetables are lightly charred and tender, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer vegetables to bowl, cover, and let cool 5 minutes. Remove skins from chiles and discard; separate onion rounds into rings.
- PROCESS CHILE MIXTURE Transfer chiles, onion, and garlic to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer all but 1/4 cup chopped chile mixture to empty bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside. Process remaining mixture until smooth.
- FORM BURGERS Combine beef, pureed chile mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl and knead gently until well incorporated. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties and press shallow divot in center of each.
- GRILL AND TOP Grill burgers, covered, over hot fire until well browned on first side, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip bur-gers, top with chopped chile mixture and cheese, and continue to grill, covered, until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve.