Recipes & Tips
Tips and advice about our products, interesting facts that will help improve your lifestyle.> more details
Check out the latest promotions, offers and savings on DCS appliances.> more details
Flip though the latest brochures on-line or download them.> more details
Join us regularly for enticing recipes and savor the taste and adventure of your next meal.> more details
Grilled Romaine Hearts with Chipotle Caesar Dressing
Grilled Caesar Salad is all the rage on restaurant menus these days. This recipe adds another fantastic twist - Chipotle Caesar Dressing - which really complements the smoky flavors of the grill! Yes, this Caesar contains raw eggs - use good quality (farm fresh, if possible) eggs for the best flavor and to minimize safety concerns.
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tabasco sauce
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chile (about one whole), packed in adobo sauce
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
- 4 heads Romaine lettuce with outer leaves removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- additional shaved or grated Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the vinegar, egg yolks, Dijon mustard, garlic, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, anchovies and chipotle chile. Pulse until all ingredients become smooth.
- Leaving the food processor running, drizzle the oil through the feed tube in a thin stream until completely incorporated. Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the grill is hot, slice the Romaine in half, lengthwise, leaving the stem on the bottom intact to keep the halves together.
- Brush cut side of lettuce very lightly with olive oil and place on the grill for about 1 minute. Rotate 45 degrees (do not flip) and grill another 30 seconds - the beautiful criss-crossed grill marks will impress your guests!
- Remove from the grill and drizzle dressing on the grilled size of the lettuce. Garnish with additional shaved or grated Parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy Relish Culinary Adventures and Chef Ann Gradek