Endless Summer Grilling. The Recipes from America's Test Kitchen. Download your copy here!> download now (2MB)
Tips and advice about our products, interesting facts that will help improve your lifestyle.> more details
Check out the latest promotions, offers and savings on DCS appliances.> more details
Flip though the latest brochures on-line or download them.> more details
Join us regularly for enticing recipes and savor the taste and adventure of your next meal.> more details
Be a guest at the DCS dinner table and receive our newsletter for fantastic recipes, cooking tips, and exclusive incentives.> more details
Long Boy Cheeseburgers
NOTE: Be sure to spread the meat to the edges of the rolls, or the bread will burn.
- 2 (6-inch) sub rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/3 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 90 percent lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- TOAST rolls Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake rolls, cut side up, on wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- MAKE MEAT MIX Combine corn-flakes, onion, milk, 4 tablespoons ketch-up, Worcestershire, thyme, garlic powder, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add meat and knead gently until well combined.
- BAKE BURGERS Top toasted rolls evenly with meat mixture, spreading meat to edges of rolls. Brush top of meat mixture evenly with remaining ketchup and bake until meat registers 160 degrees, 20 to 25 minutes. Top burgers with cheese and continue to bake until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.